Its been all go recently with Intragram being bought by Facebook and now DrawSomething from OMGPOP being bought by Zynga of Farmville fame for massive amounts of money it seems. Hopefully Zynga will sort out some of the problems that people are experiencing.
Where can I play DrawSomething
If you still don’t know what Drawsomething is (where have you been?) – it is a drawing game similar to Pictionary where you draw a picture and people guess what it is, you can play this with Facebook friends or random people using the iPhone or iPad from iTunes.
You can also play it directly from Facebook or on Google Plus.
The app has a free game and a paid game – the only difference I can see is that you do not get adverts on the paid game.
People are really good at this game, you can see some of the drawings on the DrawSomething Facebook page
I played DrawSomething on Facebook first because it reminded me of a browser based game which I was addicted to about 12 years ago called iSketch which is still there after all of these years, I think they should have created an application don’t you. There is an application called iSketch but this is just a basic painting app. The best game play of DrawSomething is actually on the iPad, I love how you can just Draw something and then put it down for as long as you like.
Drawsomething has bugs
There are however many bugs still within the Drawsomething application. I’ve had one where the application got confused and showed my drawing with the previous drawings letters, so the letters didn’t fit the drawing. Like this one drawn on the iPhone (which I find difficult so don’t laugh! LOL )
Missing Colours, Bombs and Coins
On the game you can buy coins to buy new colours and bombs which can give you new words or hints.
Users also have other bugs where coins, bombs and colours – colors – are missing. I read these responses and fixes on the getsatisfaction forum, which is for all support for the game – only go there if you are not easily offended.
Here’s Swiftor’s official response:
They are safe, but your game client is not reading your inventory info from our servers properly. We’re looking into this – but in the meantime, there are a couple of things you can try doing to get them to show up:
1) If you’re on Wifi, and your device supports 3g/4g – try that. There are reported cases of coins/etc not showing up on wifi. (or vice versa)
2) You can try killing the app and restarting it (or restarting your phone).
Again, we’re looking into a final solution for this!
Another response was from a user call SVNDR – DS is DrawSomething. This fix he says is for iPhone 4s and iPad. Many people said this has worked.
1. Kill all backgrounding apps, including DS (double click home button).
2. Re-open DS.
3. Click the little gear in the top right-hand corner.
4. Click on account.
5. Now, scroll to the very bottom of that page a click logout, then confirm the next message that pops up (if one does)
6. You should now be logged out and at the screen to select either Facebook or Email.
7. Now close DS and then kill it in the backgrounding bar like you did in step 1.
8. Wait about 5-10 second then re-open DS.
9. Wait for it to load to the screen to select between Facebook or Email.
10. Click on whatever form of login you would normally use (i use Facebook).
11. Enter your email and password, then continue to login as normal.
12. Now this is what i think truely helps, so make sure you pay attention and DO NOT skip any of the previous, or next steps!!
Once you are logged in, DO NOT touch anythng, instead look in the top left-hand corner off the main screen, you should see a faint loading icon that spins around. Wait until that icon is completely gone until you continue to the next step.
13. Now that the loading icon is gone, DO NOT open or continue playing any games, yet. First, scroll to the very bottom of the main screen and click on the ‘SHOP’ button.
14. If you previously had purchased bombs, you should now see at the bottom that you have your bombs back, this should most likely mean that your colours and coins have returned aswell.
15. If you did not previously have bombs then you should see the top of the screen in the left-hand side that your coins are back.
Many users are also having problems with games not loading, both on the free game and the paid version – some games are showing waiting for next player. There are hundreds of complaints about this on the site, and as yet I have not found a solution, although the above might work. If you have tried this or have a different solution can you please let us know.
Apart from all that it is a great game and very addictive, but as I say you can just play for a few mins and then put it down for however long you want and it will still be at the stage you left it.
Hope this helps