What is an achievement based social portfolio builder?
Now there are all sorts of geeks and techies on there
What is geeklist
You sign up for an account and fill in your profile as you would normally.
On your menu bar you have
Home – takes you to your discovery feed – here you can see
Profile - goes to your profile.
The first thing I did – is search for fellow geeks, friends, or others
How to create a geeklist card.
This is the important part – here you would put an achievement, something that you do or something that you wish to tell people about you. You can also put a link and add users to the card, if they were involved or you want them to see it.
1) Put your headline - I put “What is Geeklist by Techieminx”
2) Go to Details
3) Enter a task – I chose – “wrote a blog post”
4) Using – I chose -” WordPress”
5) With – click this if you want to add a user – which you can search for
6) Scroll up to Link and put the link
7) Click share – share on facebook or twitter – and it goes on to geeklist which will then appear in the discovery feed but can also be searched for.
On your card you are shown how many views its have and people can also high five it.
Sending another Geeklist user a message
You go to their profile and click MSG – you type the message and this will appear on Twitter and on Geeklist
How to ping another users on Geeklist
Click ping on the users profile – choose an option – send tweet.
On your Discovery Feed Page there are also a few trending topics to look out for
- Trending Users
- Trending searches
- Featured companies
- Trending code pages
- Trending Cards
So, that was a brief look at Geeklist – it seems a cross between Facebook and Linkedin – but quite different infact. I believe that it could be very useful for finding people for jobs, to ask advice or just to share your experiences.
Have you tried Geekli.st yet? What did you think?
Hope this helps